The Tune Of Life

Music. You listen to it, some of you may play it and to some of you it may not mean much. To some of you, like me, music is life. There is a whole world of music out there and we all have different opinions about it. Between pop, rap, country, rock and many more music can match anyone’s preference. Playing music is another thing. In order to play an instrument and stick with it, you have to love what you are doing. There is a big difference between playing an instrument and playing it and loving the sound you make. I play the piano, when I play,I do it with a smile. I can’t wait to see if music speaks to you like it does to me!.

Do you play an instrument, if so what is it?
What is your favorite type of music?

76 thoughts on “The Tune Of Life

1. Dear Emily,

I Play the recorder, well you should know that already. I use to play guitar but I did not really like it and stick with it. My favorite type of music is country but I also like pop and imagine dragons. What Is your favorite type of music? Btw I didn’t know you played piano.

Sincerely,
    Ben W.
    Ps. It is really snowy outside.

• Dear Ben,
      I used to play trumpet, but I didn’t like it so I tried piano and loved it. Maybe if you try different insruments and find one that you connect with. I love pop music best, I like imagine dragons too! Something interesting about me is I recently started to like rap. It was so random since I never liked rap before. Thanks for commenting and sorry the blog has been on holdup because of the power outage.
      From,
      Emily

2. When I was in school, I played the trumpet. I always loved music, and I liked being in the school marching band. Unfortunately, I stopped playing the trumpet when I graduated from high school. Still, I love music. Lately my instrument has been my own voice. I sing in my church choir. The fact that I played the trumpet when I was younger helps me in choir, since I know how to read music. Thanks for your post and your questions.

• Dear Holly,
      I used to play trumpet also! I stopes because practicing became work. Practicing piano is something I love to do. Reading music is something you should have if you want to play it. Thank you very much for your comment!
      From,
      Emily

3. Aloha Emily,
    I play the piano and like all kinds of music. What I listen to depends on my mood and what I’m doing and the same holds true when I play.
    A hui hou,
    Mrs. Jacobs

• Dear Mrs. Jacobs,
      Aloha to you too! I listen to music depending on my mood also. If I need to have fun I listen to pop. If I need something calming I listen to classical. Thank you for commenting!
      From,
      Emily

4. I wish I did play an instrument. I used to play the piano, and some other instruments, but now, I don’t play any instruments. Think it’s great you’re blogging about your interests. You’re in MA, right? If so, you’re having the same snowstorm we’re having in Connecticut. Follow your passions, be it music and writing.

• Dear Judy,
      I used to play trumpet, but I dint like it so I tried piano and I fell in love! Yes I am in MA and we got a bad snowstorm. I hope it isn’t as bad in Conneticut as it is in MA. I love both music and writing, thank you for the advice! Thanks so much for commenting.
      From,
      Emily

• Dear Emily, I tried playing the flute, but I was not good at it. That is when I switched to piano. It was easier to use a keyboard than play a wind instrument. I took piano lessons for five years but did not keep up.

We got a ton of snow. We have no school tomorrow. Many roads have not been plowed. I had more than 30 inches of snow in my background. It was like a ski slope.

From, Judy

5. I play piano, violin and guitar. I can never decide which is my favourite because each has its own pleasure for me. Violin is the hardest because I learnt it as an adult. Guitar is fun because I taught myself. Piano I do the best because I learnt it well. Children who learn music usually perform better at school.

Mrs Yore
    http://www.themiddlematters.blogspot.com

6. Great work Emily.
    I like cafe lounge music that is nice and calming to listen to. I don’t like heavy metal or music where I can’t hear the words.
    Keep practising hard with your piano skills.

Meredith Gr 5/6 teacher, Melbourne 😀😀😀

• Dear Meredith,
      I agree with you about not liking music if you can’t hear the words. I don’t see the point in it if you can’t hear lyrics, it sounds like trash. I will keep practicing piano, I love it! Thank you so much for writing, hope to see you again on the blog!
      From,
      Emily

7. Hello there Emily B, I enjoyed your post about music. You communicate your love of music in the strength of your words. I thought that your title was most appropriate. Certainly I would agree with you that there is a big difference between playing an instrument and playing it and loving the music. I play the piano and find after a long day at school (teaching) it is relaxing. When I travelled, when I could find a piano to play, I always felt at home. It was a cure for being home sick 😉 The class I teach this year are very musical. They are learning the recorder. They are at their happiest and most unified as a group, when we are making music. I am glad you have discovered this love for music early on in your life. Music will be a good and faithful friend to you,
    With every good wish
    Merry Beau (Class Teacher 2nd Class Room 6) Greystones, Ireland
    merrybeau.edublogs.org

• Dear Mary Beau,
      I am glad you enjoyed my post about music. I find playing the piano is very relaxing, when I am sad or angry playing always helps me feel better! Wow, it makes me happy to know your class is so musical! I am glad I discovered music early too it’s the best thing I ever did! Thank you so much for your kind comment!
      Sincerely,
      Emily

8. Hi Emily. I am a teacher in Turkey. I enjoyed reading your post and wanted to comment on it. I used to play instruments when I was a kid, but I don’t anymore maybe because my sister is a violinist now 😉 I do love music, and I listen to ethnic music, blues, jazz and reggae the most.

• Dear Ozlem,
      I am glad you enjoyed my post, it is so cool having a teacher from Turkey on my blog! My sister plays the violin too! I like that type of music because it is good for the soul! Thank you for your comment!
      From,
      Emily

9. Dear Emily,

What a beautiful post!

I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, but my favorite is jazz. I like Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, and Nat King Cole. Do you ever listen to any jazz?

When I was younger, I took piano lessons. Mostly I learn classical pieces. It is so much fun to sit at the piano and play some of the old songs I learned years ago. The piano is like an old friend who is always there for you!

What kind of songs do you play on the piano?

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

• Dear Mrs. Yollis,
      I am so happy you liked my post! I do listen to jazz sometimes with my dad, I like the calming, catchy feeling it gives me. I couldn’t agree more about the piano, I find it is a friend to me when I feel angry or sad. I love to learn classical, I even have it on my iPod! Many people my age think classical is boring but I love it. I learn songs like Minuete, Russian Folk Song and more. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment!
      Your Friend,
      Emily

10. Emily
    How often do you play the piano? Did you start learning at school? Do you have private lessons? Perhaps you could record yourself playing and then post it online on your blog.

• Dear Mr. Webb,
      I play piano all the time, I love it! Probably at least once or twice a day. I do have private lessons, they help me focus better. I might record myself, that is an excellent suggestion! Thank you so much for commenting and for your suggustion.
      From,
      Emily

11. Dear Emily,
    I play the violin and I love it.My fav music is pop and rap like thrift shop.

• Dear Liv,
      Wow, the violin is a hard instrument to play! Do you love it? My favorite music is pop too. I love thrift shop! Thanks so much for commenting.
      From,
      Emily

12. Dear Emily,
    I love your post- I can tell your passion through music through it! Excellent job 🙂 I play the Piano, Guitar and flute. I also sing (with my gramma) but not well! I think that music is such an important part of enjoying life. Music can describe almost any feeling you have, and I can tell you are passionate about it! Never lose that passion for music- or anything in life for that matter! Enjoy everything life has to offer!!

13. Hello! When I lison to music i fell alot happier then i did before I started to lison to music

• Dear Lucy,
      I agree with you, I feel slot happier listening to music than not listening to music. Do you like all kinds of music? Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your comment.
      From,
      Emily

14. I play percussion and it really isn’t very important to me. I do enjoy making up different rhythms. Most of all I love to listen to music while I do homework.

15. I play the trombone in my school band. I am not very good but I hope I can get better. I am not a big music person though I do not like listening to music much and only listen to the occasional country song.

16. I play the french horn. Its okay, but I may want to try something else, like maybe the clarinet or the saxophone. I don’t plan to play any instuments in high school, which is only one and a half years away.

• The French Horn is awesome, but you really might want to try other instruments. I used to play trumpet then I tried piano and I am so glad I did. I understand if you dont want to continue during high school, if you don’t want it as a future. Thanks for commenting, from Emily

17. I play the flute and have been playing since 5th grade. Sometimes it can be hard, but otherwise it’s a lot of fun. I have always wanted to try something else. I love to listen to music a lot more than playing it. I also sing in our jr. choir and sing in our choraliers. Come look at my blog!

• Dear Emma,
      The flute is so pretty. I sing in the chorus at our school, I believe your voice is an instrument too. I would visit your blog, what is it called? Thank you for visiting my blog!
      From,
      Emily

18. I love music, right now I play guitar and trumpet at my school. My favorite singer ever is Taylor Swift, I like the song Thrift Shop, and I like most pop songs. Good question by the way!

• I love Thrift shop too! It is so catchy and fun! Taylor Swift is one of my favorite pop/country artists. Thank you for commenting!

19. I can tell from your post that music is important to you from your post. I don’t think I am as passionate you about it, but that is great for you.
    I have to say that I like listening to music a lot better than playing it. When I listen to music it can pump me up before a race or I listen to it when I want to relax. I play the Clarinet. I like it a lot; however, it can be difficult at times. I also sing in choir at school. Singing isn’t my forte though.
    You should never lose your passion for music. It’s a great hobby, but you should always keep your mind open to other things.
    Come check out my blog!

• Dear Kendall,
      I like listening to music to relax sometimes too. It is good for your soul! Maybe if you try other instruments like I did, you will enjoy it more. I sing in chorus at school, I like singing for fun better. I will never lose my passion for music, don’t worry. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it!
      From,
      Emily

20. Daer Emily,
    I play tenor saxephone and guitar. I don’t really listen to music at all but I love to play it.

• Saxophone is a cool instrument. Do you like playing it a lot? I am surprised you don’t like to listen to music. Thank you for visiting my blog!
      From,
      Emily

21. Dear Emily, I love music too!I play piano and oboe. I love to sing also. Ask anyone who knows me I sing all day.

• I am glad you like music also. Oboe sounds interesting, is it hard? I sing slot too, especially in my room! Thank you for commenting.
      From,
      Emily

22. Dear Emily,
    I’m learning to play the ukulele this year. I’m looking forward to playing the ukulele this year. My brother plays the acoustic guitar it’s his second year but he’s in level B guitar. My favourite type of music is rap and pop . My favourite music artist’s are Flo Rida, Olly Murs, Eminem and Cher Lloyd. Your post has inspired me to do a post like this.
    From Sara

• Dear Sarah,
      Wow, the ukulele is hard looking is it hard? My sister plays violin. My favorite music I’d pop too. I like rap because I sound smart when I say all those lyrics and remember them! 🙂 I like Cher Llod and Eminem too. I think Bruno Mars is talented too. I have never heard of Olly Murs. I’m glad I could inspire you to do a post like this, I will have to check it out! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
      From,
      Emily

• Hi Emily,
        I don’t know if playing the ukulele is hard I asked my friend if playing the ukulele is hard she says it is she moved up half way in the year to advanced beginner ukulele which is second year ukulele. I’m looking forward to playing the ukulele.
        From Sara

• I went on your blog, it’s awesome! I love piano too! Thank you for visiting my blog.
      From,
      Emily

23. Dear Emily,
    My favorite music is either metal or dubstep. As you already know I play the recorder in music. Who is your favorite artist (as in music).
    from Ben F.

• Dear Ben,
      My favorite artist in music is probably Carrie Underwood or Adele. I have never heard of dubstep. Metal is good because it has lots of musical talent. Thank you very much for writing on my blog!
      From,
      Emily

24. Dear,Emily i love Carrie Underwood to she has a beautiful voice and my favorite is Taylor swift she is very peatty!!!..

• Dear Paige,
      My favorite is Carrie Underwood, all her songs are awesome. Taylor Swift is beautiful, and I like how she doesnt dress inapropriate like others. She is a very good role model. thnak you very much for visiting my blog!
      From,
      Emily

25. Dear Emily: I loove Music but I lisen to it i dont play I lisen. It always perpares me for my up coming basketabll games.

• That’s funny I listen to music before my basketball games too! Listening to music is an easier choice than playing it. Thanks for commenting!
      From,
      Emily

26. Dear Emily,
    I love music and your blogs. They are very interesting! I love to listen to music but i dont play any musical intruments. I use to play the recorder but not any more. What instrument or intruments do you play? I see that you posted a picture of Taylor Swift. She is one of my favorite song writers! Who is your favorite song writer? Hope to hear back from you.

Sincerely,

Rachel
    Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
      I am happy you like it! I have been able to connect with a lot of people around the world through this post.I play piano and recorder, I used to play trumpet but I didn’t like it. I suggest piano to everyone because it’s not that hard and really pretty. My favorite song weirder is Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. I like the message in their songs. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your thoughtful comment.
      From,
      Emily

• Dear Emily,

Thank you so much for replying! A lot of my friends play the piano. I might try to play too. I love Carrie Underwood too! My favorite song from her is “American Girl” What is your favorite song from her? Hope to hear back from you!

Sincerly,
        Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
          My favorite song from Carrie Underwood is “Jesus Take The Wheel” or “Good Girl”. Congrats on being the 160th comment! I can’t believe I have that much comments. Do you know how to read music? I suggest you learn because it make playing the piano easier. What is your favorite song by Taylor Swift? Have an awesome day!
          Sincerely,
          Emily

• Dear Emily,

I love those songs too! Thank you for replying so I could be the 160th comment! I do not really know how to read music but just a little. Thats a good idea. My favorite song by Taylor Swift has to be…… “Never getting back together” or “Mean”. What is your favorite song by her? She is a great role model! Who is your role model? I also love her fashion sense. Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
            Rachel
            Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            Thank you for writing back to me! I love those songs also, but my favorite Taylor swift song would have to be “Ours”. I love it because it’s really sweet and I like the music video that goes along with it. My role model is my parents, but my celebrity role model is Jenifer Lawrence ( the girl who plays Katniss in “Hunger Games”). I love how down to earth she is. She won best actress in the Oscars! Who is your favorite actress? Who is your role model? Have an excellent day!
            Sincerely,
            Emily B.

• Dear Emily,

I just like to watch the shows. But I think it would be cool to be on one of those shows! I love the drama! Do you like to dance? I play a lot of sports including: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Cheerleading, and track. I use to play Softball. Do you play any sports? Pitch perfect is a really good movie and hilarious! You should really check out the Twilight books and movies! I love them. I read two of the four books and they are really good. Stephine Myer is a really good author.

From,
            Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            You seem to be such a sporty person! I like playing sports, but I’m not good at them. I do sports like basketball and swimming. I am more of a person that likes school, writing, and piano. I like to dance sometimes, but I don’t take lessons or anything. I like dramatic shows too, you don’t have to be apart of it but you get to watch it and enjoy it. Do you have an iPod or iPhone? If so what is your favorite app to play?
            From your friend,
            Emily

• Dear Emily,

Sports are pretty much my life. My brothers play a lot of sports too. Do you have any sisters or brothers?
            I have an Ipod. My favorite game has to be Virtual Families or Mega jump. Do you have and ipod or an iphone? What is your favorite game to play? What is your favorite song to listen to?

Your friend,
            Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            I have one little sister named Olivia. We are 4 years apart. Are you the oldest, youngest or in the middle? I love virtual family, but I don’t like how with the new one you have to renovate the house. Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? I have an ipod also, my favorite game is subway surfers. Do you have an instagram account? I am obsessed with instagram. My favorite song to listen to is Thrift Shop. It’s a really fun song. What about you? Have a great day!
            From your friend,
            Emily

• Dear Emily,

I am the youngest . I have two brothers. One is two years apart from me (Jacob) and the other is four years apart from me (Brandon). When I grow up I want to be a nurse or a police officer. What do you want to be? I love subway suffers. I use to have a instagram account. I have a facebook. Do you have a facebook? Thrift shop has a great rhythm to it! Have a wonderful day!

Your Friend, Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            I did a post on Subway Surfers, I hope you see it! What country are you from? I am from United States of America. It is really cold and snowy here in Massachusetts. What is your favorite type of weather? What is your favorite season? Do you like school? Thanks, have a perfect day!
            From,
            Emily

• Dear Emily,

I also love that song! The video truly does go with the song. My role model would be my parents or my grandma. My celebrity role model is Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez. But I don’t like how they stopped making “Wizards of Waverly Place”. What is your favorite show? I love Jenifer Lawrence too! She is very down to earth. I loved that movie! Cant wait until the next movie comes out! What is your favorite movie? Did you read any of the books of the “Hunger Games Series? My favorite actress has to be……. Anne Hathaway. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
        Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Ashley,
          I don’t like how “Wizards of Waverly Place” stopped too, that was one of my favorite shows to watch. Selena Gomez is a really talented actress and singer. My favorite show is “House of Anubis” or “Duck Dynasty”. What is yours. I can’t wait for the next movie in Hunger Games too! But it’s coming out next fall, I don’t think I can wait that long. My favorite movie is “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” I love both part one and two. What is your favorite movie? I read all the books of Hunger Games. What is your favorite book? Anne Hathaway is so talented! Have a fabulous day!
          From,
          Emily

• Dear Emily,

My favorite show is “Dance Moms” or Dance Acadamy”. My favorite movie is I have a lot but my all time favorite movie is The Titanic or a new movie recently Pitch Perfect”. My favorite book of the Hunger games series is the first book “The Hunger games”. I don’t like how you have to wait a long time also. Another favorite of mine is The Twilight Series. Have you ever seen those movies? Have an awesome day!

Sincerely,
            Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            You seem to like dance shows, do you dance or do you just like the show? Do you do any other sports or activities? I want to see Pitch Perfect a lot, is it a good movie? I have never seen the Twilight movies, I want to read the books though. Have you read the books? Thank you for replying!
            From,
            Emily

• Dear Emily,

I have to check out that post! I am from the U.S.A too! I live in the mittin a.k.a Michigan. Its really cold here too. My favorite kind of weather is like most people. Not to hot but not to cold. What is your favorite type of weather? I like school must of the time but my favorite thing about school is spending time with my friends. What is your favorite subject in school? I love math. But it is hard because I broke my thumb from volleyball and I have to have the cast on for three weeks! So it is hard to wite or type. Have you ever broken a bone? I broke my leg when I was in 2nd grade and when I was in preschool! Hope you have a great day!

Your Freind,
            Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
            I agree, I don’t like weather to hot or cold either. My favorite weather is springtime weather. You can play outside without being to hot and you don’t have to wear a coat. Also, April is my birthday month so I love that. What month is your birthday? Do you know your birthstone? Mine is a diamond. I love spending time with friends too. Oh no!!! A broken thumb stinks! Luckily, I have never broken a bone. You have broken bones a lot! Good luck with your thumb!!!
            From,
            Emily

27. Hey Emily,
    I love your blog! You seem like such a smart 6th grader! I had so much fun reading all your posts. As for playing an instrument that is not really my thing. But I grew up with music all around me. My favorite kind of music is Country. However this was not always my favorite. I actually hated it, but all my friends fell in love with the southern music and soon enough I found myself singing along. Now its all I listen to. Gotta love friends introducing you to new music!

~Emily S.

• Dear Emily,
      I am thrilled you like my blog! I try really hard to make great posts so people will be entertained and come back. I like country because of the lyrics. I like how they tell a story. Friends can have an effect on what you listen to, my friends introduce me to all kinds of songs and then I end up loving them! Thank you so much for writing on my blog, hope to hear from you again!
      From,
      Emily B.

28. Dear Emily,

I am the youngest of my brothers.(Jacob)is two years apart from me and the other (Brandon) is four years apart from me. Do you like being the oldest? I also love that game! When I grow up I want to be a nurse or a policewomen. But it changes a lot. Do you have any ideas of what you want to be? I use to have an Instagram. But I have a Facebook. Do you have a Facebook? I love the beat to thrift shop. Do you have any pets? Hope you have an wonderful day!

Your Friend,
    Rachel Techie Kids

• Dear Rachel,
      Being the oldest has good parts and bad. You are in charge a lot but more is expected of you. Do you like being youngest? When I grow up I would like to be a musician, author, special needs teacher or actress. I can’t decide! I don’t have a Facebook, I am not old enough yet but only one more year! How old are you? I used to have a fish but sadly he passed away. Do you have any pets? Thank you for always replying!
      From your friend,
      Emily

29. Dear Emily,
    I love Taylor Swift, it’s some of my favorite music. I play the piano, but I think you knew that. My sister plays the drums.
    -Anna K.

• Dear Anna,
      Wow, your sister changes her mind a lot. Wasn’t she playing guitar before? I play piano too, you know that of course! Who is teaching you now that Ross is gone? Thanks for writing a comment!
      From,
      Emily

30. Hi Emily,

I play the violin, and I know what you mean that music speaks to you. It’s so great to hear that you love the piano. How long have you been playing, and what’s your favorite piece to play?

Thanks for sharing!

• Dear Adriane,
      My sister used to play the violin! I have been playing piano for two years this coming summer. My favorite piece is classical stuff. What is your favorite type of music? Thank you for your comment!
      From,
      Emily