To Old To Play?

I have been hearing some things about one of our Celtics players, Paul Pierce. There has been talk that he is getting to old for the Celtics. Paul has proven himself to be a great player for the Celtics, however lately I have been noticing different. In the games Paul is getting physically tired towards the end so he can’t do his best. To be in NBA you have to be the best you can be at all times. Because of his age, Paul is limited on doing that. The sports network was wondering, will Paul Pierce take a stand and retire on his basketball career? Or will he stick with the Celtics for longer? My guess is that Paul will stay with the Celtics for the rest of the season and next season retire. Paul Pierce is an excellent player, and years ago saved the Celtics from ultimate failure, but sadly you can’t stop age.

Do you agree that Paul is to old to be in the NBA?

6 thoughts on “To Old To Play?

1. Dear Emily,
    I love basketball. It’s my favorite sport. I’ve never played on a team before and, truthfuly, I’m not that great eaither. But Paul Pierce is! I think I heard something about him retiring too. I hope he doesnt! I dont really follow the NBA but I at least know that he’s pretty much the MVP.
    Anyways, I really love your blog! I’d be glad to add you to my blogroll if you’d do the same for me. Thanks :I
    -Molly

• Dear Molly,
      Basketball is my favorite sport to! I love to watch the Celtics and I play on a team too. I hope Paul Pirce does what is for the best for him, I don’t know if he feels he needs to retire or if he feels he wants to stay. I’m glad you like my blog, I added your link to my blogroll and it would be fabulous if you added mine! Thanks so much for commenting!
      From,
      Emily

2. Paul is still a very good basketball player and at times a great one. He will play another 2 maybe 3 years and be very productive.

• Dear Patrick,
      I assumed that he might be to old because you were the one that told me that in the first place! I think he will play 1 to 2 more years. Thank you for writing a comment!
      From,
      Emily B

3. Dear Emily,
    I think that Paul isn’t slowing down. He can still hit all the shots he always could. When he starts slowing down then he should retire, but right now he is still a major asset to the Celtics organization . So now I don’t think Paul is to old for the NBA.

Sincerely,
    Heston H.

• Dear Heston,
      Paul was always my favorite player, who is yours? Anyway thanks for your opinion. I agree that Paul is stills major asset to the Celtics organization. However is he still playing as best as he did? Thank you for writing on my blog!
      From,
      Emily