It’s Book Time!

Out Of My Mind

Need a new book to read? I have a book that you won’t be able to put down! It’s called “Out of My Mind” by Sharon Draper. “Out of My Mind” is a book about a girl named Melody, she hasn’t spoke all her life. She has a terrible disease that limits her on everything. She can not do simple things that we take for granted like walking, talking, or even holding herself up! Melody has to stay in a wheelchair at all times. She has to be feed, cleaned and transported by others. In the story, everyone assumes Melody is as helpless as she looks, but you (the reader) is the only person that knows differently. The truth is, Melody is smarter than all of us. She has an amazing memory so she can remember everything she learns. It is all trapped inside her head, and sometimes it makes Melody go mad trying to communicate.  Words words and more words have been circling around Melody all her life, so what does she do about it? Find out by reading this wonderfull story, by the end you will feel as close to Melody as anybody!

How does this book sound to you?

Do you think you will read it?

18 thoughts on “It’s Book Time!

1. Dear Emily,
    That sounds like a really cool book. I am going to have to read it. I love books like that. I am trying to learn sign language. I really like your blog.
    From,
    Kaylee

• Dear Kaylee,
      You definitley should read it. I don’t like books that are not entertaining, this book has you at every page. Sign language sounds awesome! My mom knows some sign language abd she taught me some of it. Thanks so much for commenting!
      Sincerely,
      Emily B.

2. Out of My Mind…definitely one of my favorites. I wanted to become friends with Melody. Ever think about why the author chose that for her name?
    🙂

• Dear Cathy/mom,
      Out of My Mind is one of my favorites too. I never thought about it but now that you brought it to my attention, because of her connection with music. (sound like someone you know?) Thanks for your comment.
      From,
      Emily

3. Dear Emily,
    Out of My Mind is a really good book. It made me realize that when I walk or talk and communicate with you and my other friends to not take it for granted. It really made me look at the world way different. I read the book last night. I ♥ it so much!

Sincerely,
    Natalie S.

• Dear Natalie,
      I agree with you, Out of My Mind made me see the world differently. Now I feel it’s even more important Mott say the “R” word because you know that that is who you are referring to. I wish everyone found read this book, don’t you? I felt so mad whenever something bad happened to Melody, but she is so strong and always pulled through. Thanks for reading it and commenting!
      From,
      Emily

4. Dear Emily,
    This book sounds very interesting. I would love to see what happens. Thanks for the review.:) ♥
    From,
    Ari

• Dear Ari,
      You defiantly should read it, it changed my view of life. Natalie read it and she agrees. You can get it at the library (plympton, probably Halifax). See you soon!
      From,
      Emily
      Ps. Congrats on being the first visitor to comment in the 200s!!!

5. Dear Emily,

I read a lot! I would be interested in reading that. Through out the school year i have read one million words. do you enjoy reading? I hope your week is going well.

Ashley
    Techie Kids

• Dear Ashley,
      Wow, one million words is a lot! That is an amazing accomplishment! I love to read, I am the ultimate book worm. What is your favorite book? Hope to hear a reply! Thanks for visiting my blog!
      From,
      Emily

• Dear Emily,

I have read so many books I dont have a favorite. Haha. I liked the Twilight series tho. Whats your favorite?

From,
        Ashley
        8th grade
        Techie Kids

• Dear Ashley,
          The Twilight series sounds really good. I’ll have to read them soon. My all time favorite books and movies are the Harry Potter series. What is your favorite movies? Thank you, I always love to get comments!
          From,
          Emily

• Dear Emily,

I loveeee the harry potter movies! What one is your favorite?

From,
            Ashley
            8th grader
            Techie Kids

• Dear Ashley,
            My favorite Harry Potter movie is the Deathly Hallows. I love both parts so I can’t decide between one or two. What is your favorite? Have you read the books?
            From,
            Emily

6. Dear Emily,
    That book sounds really good! If I need a book to read I think I will look into reading this one. I really want to know what happens next in the story.
    Sincerely,
    Jenna K.

• Dear Jenna,
      Thanks for writing on my blog! I love this book, I think you would really like it too. What happens next? You will have to read it!
      From,
      Emily

7. Emily,
    I think this book sounds very interesting and engaging. I love literature because it lets you see the world through new eyes. Sometimes from perspectives that would otherwise be impossible. This book sounds like that. I think it will appear in our home very soon.
    Thanks for the great recommendation! Do you have any other new reads you recommend?

• Dear Mrs. Knight,
      It is a very engaging story, I didn’t want to put it down when I read it! I know you and Anna would love it (also Sarah when she gets a little older). I do have another recommendation, if you like Helen Keller read Miss Spitfire. It shows the journey through her teachers eyes, a different perspective than Helen! Thank you so much for writing on my blog!
      From,
      Emily