Songs For Soldiers

Ali And The Biddies!

Between my cousins Ali Pimintel and Kristin Allen and there friend Emily Smith (also known as “Bongos” because of her amazing drumming skills), music comes to life in a very special band called Ali and the Biddies. They cover all kinds of music from songs on the radio today to classics. But this band does more than just playing music for entertainment. Recently, Ali and the Biddies performed in a concert to help raise money for our soldiers. The soldiers out there are sacrificing their lives to protect ours. To say thank you to their loyalty Ali and the Biddies played their hearts out at this benefit. They also have a song in the CD titled “Songs For Soldiers”. This band has amazing musical talent, there is no fancy computer editing, it’s just them and their love of pure music.

Ali and the Biddies performing

The Songs For Soldiers CD

Ali and the Biddies practice with devotion

Want to hear Ali and the Biddies? Go to:  http://www.reverbnation.com/aliandthebiddies

6 thoughts on “Songs For Soldiers

1. Thanks for the kind words! Emily Smith is the true activist in the Hold On Another Day project, and in fact was just in Oregon this weekend for another concert through this organization that is to benefit victims of bullying. If anyone wants further info about this project check out: http://www.holdonanotherday.org/

• Dear Kristin,
      Wow, another excellent project! I love what you guys are doing that’s why I did a post about it! I will probably put that link in the post. Thanks for writing a comment!
      From,
      Emily

2. Thank you for your post Em! I’m so glad you wrote about Songs for Soldiers. Bongos is really making a difference with music and that is what its all about. Sometimes people lose sight of that, and you are so blessed to be able to recognize the true passion and purpose that music can stand for. It is a gift to be able to share that in our band and be a part of Bongos efforts with Hold On Another Day. Never lose sight of what music can do for others.

• Dear Ali,
      Your comment really moved me. I am so glad I wrote it, you guys deserve it! The band really is making a difference, and Kristin told me about the bullying project you are doing! I have a suggestion, maybe you could play the song “Mean” by Taylor Swift! I heard that song is all about bullying. I won’t ever lose sight of it, music makes the world go round! Music can serve many purposes, you just have to have the ability to find them! You comment really meant a lot to me, thank you so much!
      From,
      Emily

3. Dear Emily,

Wow, thats awesome! They are really good too! They should audition for Americas got Talent or something. Let them know I like their music!

Sincerely,
    Ashley 8th grade
    Techie kids

• Dear Ashely,
      They are really good, I am so glad you like them! I said they should too, but they just like playing to play I guess. I will let them know. Thank you so much for your kind comment!
      From,
      Emily